The SciFlex is a single-use bioprocessing platform for the semi-automation, optimization, and documentation of TFF Applications. The SciFlex 150 is ideal for Pilot level TFF processing and development. Via a color, touch screen HMI and pre-installed operational software, users have the ability to create and execute discrete processing steps for concentration and diafiltration. User-selectable end points and alarms enable hands-fee operation and ensure safe, consistent process performance.
Patented, proprietary technology enables automated system response to sensor feedback and the selectable maintenance of a user-definable flow rate or transmembrane pressure. FlexDaq, for installation on customer's PC, is an included real-time data collection and graphing software package. OPC connection for data historian is also available All wetted flow-path tube manifold components of the SciFlex 150 are considered a single-use consumable.
- Accommodates filter cassettes or hollow fiber columns from GE, Millipore, Pall and Sartorius
- Economically priced, small footprint (20"x32") TFF purification system.
- Pre-assembled, disposable TFF tube manifolds with integrated temperature, pressure (3) and conductivity sensors are available from SciLog.
- Connects to off-skid bag-suspension or floor scale (optional) for user-specified buffer transfer during TFF diafiltration.
- Connects to electronic flow meter (optional) for user-definable solution transfer of permeate or bioreactor solution.
- Automated, comprehensive documentation of all TFF process parameters. Documents and displays up to 15 TFF processing parameters.
- OPC available for digital hook-up and information transfer to a customer data historian.
TFF Concentration of dilute protein solution can be readily achieved with the SciFlex 150-TFF system. A dedicated peristaltic feed pump re-circulates the dilute protein solution through the TFF device. The selected filter porosity allows only solvent (water) and dissolved salts to pass through the filter while proteins and other large molecules remain in the retentate solution. The removal of water causes the gradual increase in retentate viscosity. In the Constant Pressure Mode, the SciFlex automatically maintains a selected trans-membrane pressure (TMP) by modulating the retentate re-circulation rate.
TFF Diafiltration of concentrated protein solution involves the removal of undesirable electrolyte (dissolved salt) which is collected as permeate. Utilizing a dedicated diafiltration pump, the SciFlex replaces the undesirable electrolyte by an equal volume of exchange buffer. Approximately five to ten (5x-10x) volume exchanges are typically required for substantial removal of undesirable electrolyte from the concentrated protein solution. The SciFlex 150-TFF provides automated pressure control, user-selected alarms as well as automated TFF data collection and trend graphing